[Book Research] What vendor(s) do you use for your online fundraising campaigns?
[tweetmeme] I tell ya! My head is spinning from the large number of vendors now available to the nonprofit sector for “Donate Now” buttons and peer-to-peer fundraising. I have a couple of favorites that will be discussed in the book, but I know there are some other good vendors out there that are not on my radar screen.
In terms of “Donate Now” buttons, some basics are necessary in order to maximize your nonprofit’s online fundraising campaigns:
1. The ability to insert the donate content/process inside of your website with your website’s branding.
2. Donors are not required to create an account, username or password to make an online donation.
3. Donors are not required to provide a phone number to make an online donation.
4. Automatic thank you e-mails are sent. Ideally, these e-mails are customizable to match the organization’s branding.
5. The ability for donors to sign up to give monthly recurring donations.
6. The ability for donors to give in someone’s name.
7. A 5% or less donation processing fee.
8. Modest monthly fees for custom branding, automatic deposit, and phone and e-mail customer service.
In online fundraising, you tend to get what you pay for. The most expensive vendors offer all of the above for $50-$100 a month plus a transaction fee of 3-5%. The discount vendors offer lower fees, but only a couple of the basics listed above.
What vendor does your nonprofit use, and why? Are you happy with them? What do they charge?
How about peer-to-peer fundraising tools i,e., empowering your supporters to fundraise online for your nonprofit through fundraising pages? There seems to have been an explosion of these tools over the last year or two. I am looking for the best peer-to-peering fundraising vendors in terms of design, functionality, and cost? Anyone using Razoo, Crowdrise, First Giving, Change.org, Causes’ Wishes, 10Beyond, Changing the Present, etc.? Others?
I am getting ready to jump into the chapter about social media and online fundraising. “Donate Now” buttons and peer-to-peer fundraising tools are the backbone of successful online fundraising campaigns. I would greatly appreciate you sharing your experiences. Thank you!
Book Research & Interviews
Book Tour Sponsors
List of Nonprofits Mentioned in the Book